Shooting an interview
Posted on January 9, 2023 • 5 minutes • 869 words • Other languages: Русский, Українська
Table of contents
You can increase the level of popularity of a company or blog with the help of an interview. This type of shooting is distinguished by its format. The whole video is built on the principle of voicing questions and getting answers. The interview can take place with one participant or with several.
Shooting an interview: what are its features?
Shooting interviews is a popular service among business owners. With it, they can convey the required amount of information to a wide audience. In addition, the content is used in education as well as blog owners. Much of the interview production consists of filming the dialogue that takes place between the journalist and the interviewee.
According to recent studies, most consumers trust information more if they have eye contact with the speaker during the video than if the information is provided via a text or sound file. Interviews can be divided into two types – reportage or staged.
Preparing and filming an interview: the main stages
You can get high-quality video content only with the involvement of a team of specialists with experience and professional equipment. You can record the interview yourself, but the actual result may be too different from what you want. During the production of such content, you need to go through stages such as:
- Script writing. Work on any video content begins with a discussion of the main ideas and goals. To create a good interview, you need to write a script, during which you need to clearly identify the main ideas of the conversation. Decide how the video will be shot and fully prepare the text.
- Shooting. Operators are working on creating shots in a pre-selected location. This could be a professional studio, a prepared space, or another location. Before starting work, lighting fixtures are exposed, if necessary, decor is installed.
- Treatment. After receiving the finished frames, the viewing of the source material begins. Editing is carried out, during which the best shots are selected, and their smooth transition is ensured. Image quality can be improved by color correction. You can add graphic elements to the video, which will make it more vivid and interesting. Soundtrack work in progress.
Shooting an interview: what factors determine the price?
You can calculate the cost of shooting an interview only after a team of specialists listens to all the ideas of the customer. You should not settle for a price that is too low, because this may indicate the low professionalism of the employees working on it. There are several factors that affect the cost, namely:
- The shoot place. The budget for shooting an interview directly depends on the type of location. It is extremely difficult to shoot a video on the street, because there may be problems with lighting. In addition, in nature it is impossible to exclude the noise that will be around. Operators will need to periodically adjust their cameras to ensure good images in the frame.
Duration. Longer videos will cost more than shorter ones. Also, the budget will be affected by the number of invited operators, since sometimes it is necessary to use several cameras for shooting.
- Treatment. The footage needs to be processed, otherwise the quality of the video will be poor. With the help of special software, noise suppression is performed, graphics are superimposed. It is possible to correct the lighting using color correction.
Why should you contact us?
Our company Alpina Production offers customers from Ukraine and other countries a wide range of services related to the production of video content. Our team consists of qualified employees who are always open to gaining new knowledge. We guarantee that the filmed interview will look presentable and interesting.
The exact terms for the production of content and its cost will be specified in the contract that our company concludes before starting cooperation. If you have any questions regarding shooting interviews or other types of videos, please contact us by phone or leave a request on the website.