The main features of multi-camera shooting
This type of shooting is used to more clearly convey the atmosphere and emotions inherent in the creation of video content. Several cameras can shoot the same scene at the same time by using special equipment such as a television set.
Multi-camera shooting is used when creating videos of an educational nature, for example, during lectures, conferences or open lessons. It is also used for promotional videos, as well as during the filming of cultural events – clips, concerts, productions. Content using this method is more dynamic and easier to perceive. Information is easy to digest, which allows you to attract a large number of viewers.
Multi-camera shooting: how does it work?
This is a laborious process that is divided into several stages. Specialists of different profiles work on each of them, which ultimately allows you to get high-quality video. The main steps are:
- Coordination of details. The customer describes in detail all his wishes to the team involved in filming the video. Based on this information, the main idea of the video is highlighted, its duration is agreed upon, and the preliminary budget is calculated.
- Departure to the shooting location. Operators go to the location to familiarize themselves with the area, think about where the cameras will be located and calculate how much equipment will be needed.
- Collection. All equipment is being prepared – cameras, lighting devices, sound recording devices.
- Equipment installation. All equipment is installed in previously agreed places. Its settings are checked, if the shooting will take place online, you will need to set up the broadcast.
- Shooting. Cameramen and director are shooting on location.
- Post-production. Work begins on the captured footage. You can improve the quality of the video by adjusting the contrast and color. Video can be equipped with additional animation and graphics. Perform professional voice acting.