Graphic design: what is it?
Graphic design refers to one of the types of animation (2D or 3D). With its help, fixed elements can be made dynamic. It is used in the production of video content of different nature, duration and complexity. High-quality graphic design allows you to interest a wide audience and increase the popularity of a product, company, service or brand.
The use of motion design allows you to create any type of video and turn almost all the ideas and dreams of the customer into reality. It is appropriate to use in the production of:
- business cards;
- advertising or educational video.
Well-executed animation and the use of special effects make the video more vivid and dynamic. Based on recent research data, it can be noted that animated videos are easier to remember and faster, and they also provide a more emotional perception from the viewers.
Graphic design: production features
For the production of video content that uses graphic design, it will take significantly more time. This is due to the complexity of technology and the need to use professional hardware and software. Graphic design can be divided into the following stages:
- Modeling. At this stage, specialists will create animation models (2D or 3D) that will be used in the future.
- Texturing. First, textures are developed, and then they are applied to objects and characters.
- Rendering. Based on the already developed models, the final image is built.
- Compositing. There is a work with already pre-captured frames. The finished animation is superimposed on them. Editors perform smooth mixing of frames.
If necessary, before performing graphic design, a team of specialists can also deal with other stages of video production – script writing, editing, voiceover.