Catch the viewer's attention
Posted on January 1, 0001 • 3 minutes • 587 words • Other languages: Русский, Українська
Table of contents
How long do you think it takes to get the viewer’s attention to a video? Five minutes, 30 seconds? In fact, it only takes 3 seconds to grab attention. In that short amount of time, the video should interest, arouse curiosity, and make the viewer wonder, “What happens next?” It’s important to create an engaging beginning to keep the viewer engaged and encourage them to watch further.
How do you keep the attention?
To be able to get the interest of the audience, you need to:
- Create not only bright and colorful pictures, but also add animation for a wow effect.
- The content should be structured and not cause a feeling of incompleteness.
- Subtitles can be used to increase your audience.
- End the video with a bright and memorable moment. It will consolidate the impression and the viewer will have a desire to learn more or perform the action that is discussed in the video.
By following these tips, you can not only attract attention, but also keep it throughout the video.
Calculating the length of the video correctly
If you still managed to interest the viewer, the next step should be consistent timing to maintain interest throughout the video. The most important thing to pay attention to is the timing of the video, it is different for each format. For example:
- For Facebook or Instagram ads from 15 to 25 sec. If the time will be less, you simply do not have time to convey the main message to the viewer.
- YouTube requires more time, so here it is better to leave for advertising from 6 sec. to 35.
- Video to create a company image can last from 5-60 sec. to 120 sec.
- Roller for the site can take a different amount of time, it all depends on the topic. Basically, a promotional video for the site should range from 15 to 60 sec.
- Webinars. As for various webinars and lectures, there is no time limit. It is best to use the standard up to 60 sec.
When editing videos, it is important to always remember what target audience the content is designed for and where it will be placed.
How to choose music?
To choose music and sound effects that keep the viewer interested, you need to decide on the mood of the video.
Decide what emotions or atmosphere you want to create. For example, for a fun video, lively and rhythmic music is suitable, and for serious content - more thoughtful melodies. Music and sound effects should be in harmony with the speech and visual elements of the video without drowning them out.
Be sure to check the license. Make sure you have the right to use the selected music and sound effects in your video without copyright infringement.
It’s important to choose a soundtrack that complements and enhances the message of the video, creating a positive viewing experience for your audience.
Where to order a promotional video?
You can order the creation of a high-quality promotional video for any site on our website. Specialists will not only create a complete video, which will fully disclose and deliver the necessary information. We will also help to correctly calculate the time of the video and the site where it is better to put it.
With our help, you’ll determine the optimal length of the video so that it accurately delivers your message. And thanks to our experience in advertising, you will be able to choose the best platform to maximize the effectiveness of your campaign.