Make it shorter
Every time Winston Churchill was informed that his speech would be shortened, he asked for more time to prepare. And the truth is, the less time for the timing of the video, the more difficult it is to pack all the information.
Unfortunately, many companies still release long videos about themselves, industries, etc. But the truth of life is that the shorter the commercial you make, the more people will watch it to the end. Here are some recommendations on this matter:
- Keep your video clip to a minimum.
- If you have several directions / products, then it is best to make separate videos for each.
- If you have a lot of directions, don’t go too deep, the viewer won’t remember anyway.
In the work of Edpit agency, we sometimes practice such a method as “without which the meaning will not change?”. We sit down to look at the rough cut and start deleting all the scenes, without which the essence will not change. The viewer is not stupid, showing him a jar of jam, and then bread with jam – he will understand that there was a spread between scenes. The same can be done in 90% of cases of all commercials, whether it’s IT or shoe making.
Remove “advertising”, add life
Some advertising producers are seriously sure that we talk to you in life using the words: innovation, reliability, instead of new, cool, high. For the most part, such advertising is created for several reasons:
- The company has an excellent student syndrome, it is afraid of appearing “different” in the eyes of consumers.
- The company believes that its customers are consumers, not people.
- The company has not yet formed a strategy, therefore, it uses an inanimate advertising language in communications “like everyone else”, because it’s supposedly safe. Although in reality it is a waste of money for another inconspicuous advertising.
- The company has not studied its audience, does not live its life.
In the era of high-speed internet, brands need to create engaging and lively content. This is the only way a brand can count on emotions from people in its direction. If there are no emotions for the brand, then sooner or later, without a twinge of conscience, the client will change your company for competitors.
An example of how you can weave slang words from life into an advertisement for such a serious business as selling real estate: