Filmmaking is a long process that includes a large number of stages, from writing a script and developing an idea to its popularization. This applies not only to the production of feature films, but also to products of an economic, social and political nature.
What do you need to know about filmmaking?
Cinematography is one of the largest cultural fields of activity, the main branch of which is the production of films. It includes many processes, ranging from the development of content ideas to technical work.
It is erroneous to think that a movie is created only to show a story to a wide audience. Sometimes it is created as a promotional product. Many popular and world-famous companies are willing to invest huge sums to have their logos or names used in films. Because, in this way, brands begin to be associated with their favorite characters, which significantly increases the popularity of the brand.
When making a movie, as with other beloved video content products, it’s important to get the idea right. Indeed, during film production, it is possible to convey important information to the consumer or to evoke certain emotions. One of the significant advantages of such a video product is its duration. The duration of the film is on average 1.5 hours, which is sufficient for the implementation of any ideas.
Thanks to the use of modern equipment, as well as software, it is possible to make any film more spectacular and vivid. This is possible thanks to the use of graphics, animation and various special effects.
Stages of making a movie
Filmmaking is very different from creating other video content. The production of films requires a large team of specialists, since shooting can often take several months, and in some cases much longer. The whole process can be divided into several stages, namely:
- Design. At this stage, the customer voices his ideas. The team will determine the genre of the future film, the preliminary selection of the cast, as well as the choice of the director. In some cases, it is necessary to analyze the interests of the future audience in order to be sure that the motion picture will be popular. The script is being written.
- Training. There is a study of all the processes that may occur during the shooting process. There is a preliminary calculation of the total cost of film production, since the number of actors and the team working on the film is already known. The process of forming the storyboard of key scenes by illustrators and directors is underway.
- Shooting process. Filming takes place in different locations. For this, specialists from various fields are involved – costume designers, make-up artists, cameramen, sound engineers and others.
- Post-production. It consists of the most voluminous stages in terms of the diversity of tasks. All videos shot during filming are edited, after which the director’s adjustments are made. You can give the film brightness and saturation with the help of graphics and animation, which can be superimposed on the video sequence during editing. When the video sequence is completely ready, the work of the sound engineer begins.
- During it, it is necessary to perform voice acting and soundtrack overlay, record all the voices of acting characters. It is possible to improve the color of the picture with the help of color correction and retouching frames.
- Promotion. The finished film is dubbed in order to carry out its distribution.